Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's on my needles isn't necessarily what's in my head???

Yep-of course, like any other knitter, I've got stuff on my needles and umpteen projects in my head. So much so, that it is actually beginning to stress me out a bit. I've got my daughter's sweater to wrap up (currently on sleeves), my youngest is having surgery soon, so her request for a bunny trumped the sweater for a bit, I've got a beginner knitting class to teach on Friday and accompanying that is a scarf that is nearly done (needs a bit of blocking), two baby gifts to get done (the baby is almost a month old already, and a quilt for youngest (b/c I made one for oldest daughter when she had surgery-must be fair, right?).....These are the times I wish I had octopus arms and could just keep on knitting all day and night. I'm also playing around with some crochet earrings for my etsy shop (will make an appearance soon-hopefully) and upcoming projects for the shop for spring. Since I'm no longer working again, I've got the time to do this and hopefully make my shop run again. We'll see...

Wondering if anyone can help me? I'm looking for a good, comprehensive book on knitting stitch patterns-not patterns for clothing, just different knit stitches to play around with, like trinity stitch, brioche stitch, etc. Do you have any good reference books that you turn to? Let me know...thanks

No comments: