Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Absent-minded....

Ok-it's raining here in NEPA, so you know what that means!! I'm updating my blog!! Been awhile, no???

I have been pretty busy knitting and sewing a few things to sell at a store out here and of course, since the weather is better, we've been outside a lot! But today will be catch up on some long-waiting computer stuff and updates on projects, ideas for future projects, etc.

My husband graciously helped me complete my latest and greatest project!!-a dress form!! We followed the directions from Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits
and it came out GREAT!!! My other dress form is around a size 2-4, so atleast now, when I'm making sweaters/tops, I have something a bit more true-to-size...photos to come this afternoon!

I also managed to re-design a bucket hat that my daughter had that was way too big for her (the brim was HUGE) and didn't gave straps! Again, b/c of hubby's great design with my craft station, it's just so easy now to pop downstairs and sew! The sewing machine beckons me, all hooked up and ready with just a switch of the light. I added ties to keep it on her head when we go boating and cut/frayed the brim so it suits her much more....will do so for my other daughter's hat as well....these hats will do until I make the Better Bucket Hat (pattern on Ravelry) for them and me.

I also have been cranking out necklaces based on Annie Modesitt's pattern from her book, "Twist and Loop." I can't believe I didn't blog about this class yet???
In a nutshell, her class was terrific as is she!! She is so funny and down-to-earth. Very inspiring designer and really made everyone comfortable and at ease with what she was teaching. I made quite the first impression on her as I drove the WRONG WAY down a one way street to Mountain Knits and Pearls in East Stroudsburg. She signed my book, "I'm so glad that I didn't see you get killed in East Stroudsburg." We laughed and joked the whole time. I would love to see her again. I brought with me "Romantic Knits" and purchased from her, "Twist and Loop" and her memoir,

GREAT book!!! If you can, get a hold of this book! I love it b/c it lets the reader get a glimpse of the knitwear designer's life-all the travel, juggling around schedules, designs, etc, but it also is so personal-very intimate details of what Annie is going through with her husband's illness of Multiple Myeloma. I admit to not having the first clue as to what that illness was and at first, I didn't want to read the book, fearing that it would be sad, but she writes in such a funny, frank manner that I can't put this book down!! Wish I could have her over for tea and knitting!! -what a great personality...

So, what's on tap besides the hats and finishing up of other projects? Those darn sumerlin dresses for the girls and Coachella (pattern on Ravelry) for me. And of course, some more jewelry making...

And must do this dress again for a friend! What a great pattern!!

No comments: