Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fashionista in the making...

Yesterday I got a small glimpse into the future and how fun it is going to be having girls that are into fashion and fabrics, color, etc. I'm currently knitting up (and QUICK!!) Summerlin for the girls and before I CO for Madi's, I asked her about the color for hers. Good thing I did b/c she had definite opinions about green. I showed her the greens against the fabric of the skirt and she said, "Mommy, that green is yucky-if I were making it, I do it in a lime color instead." I almost fell down!!! She was so right!!! So, I promptly dug into my stash and found the only lime (so I thought-today found some cotton-ease, but whatever) that I had-Berroco's Ultra Silk ?!? Well, she loved it and loved the feel of the yarn so Ultra silk is what she's getting. I'm very lucky that she's so light on her clothes and so is her little sis, who gets all of the hand-me-downs!! They look brand-new most of the time....

All of this made me think how fun it's going to be when Madi learns to knit and makes things for herself-if, of course, she is interested. She has an interest now so I'm hoping it only grows....with my yarn station downstairs, piles of fabric and a sewing machine that is constantly humming, how can she resist the urge?? It will be fun for sure!!

Pics to come of the finished Summerlins...

No comments: