Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Ingenue....

is GREAT! Loved knitting this sweater and loved the FO! It's perfect (barring a good block to make it a tad longer). So what did I learn on this knitting journey???

1. Modifications are always good. I knit 10 more rounds to the body to make it longer for me-thank God I did b/c even with that, it will still need blocking to be perfect for me. I also added a repeat of the bottom ridge stitch pattern for length to the body and sleeves...love it. I single crocheted the collar down on the inside making a nice, clean inside edge that won't bother me one bit when I wear it. Collar sits perfectly....

2. I also learned that I should've tried it on with what I was going to wear it with (t-shirts), b/c I could've done more shaping in the body to make a better fit. It is a bit boxy but that is the design of the sweater...next time...Guess I'm not so big as I think I am. I knit this in a large and while it could use some length still, it's a bit big everywhere else. Gauge was spot on...

3. Good yarn = good sweater
I will have this sweater forever b/c it is a classic style knit up with REALLY GOOD yarn. Can't say enough about Berroco's peruvia-it's just good, yummy yarn. I wet-spliced the ends of balls together so I didn't have any ends to weave in-worked perfectly. This yarn is one of my faves! Will definitely use it again. Sooooo soft and warm!!

And now for pic:



So what's next?
1. Last-minute mittens for the girls and me for Vt. and Debbie Bliss 9 to 5 sweater and hat sets for the girls...should be a good time-I'm using 1824 Mission Falls-what could be better??

No comments: