Monday, February 7, 2011

Working, working, working...

Yep-I've been crazy at it lately! Lots of UFO's completed and updated on my ravelry projects page and even some pattern designing going on-finally. Crossing my fingers that I can complete basic math with success, I don't procrastinate, and I manage my time wisely. I've got more teaching gigs lined up and need to knit samples for those as well and I do have to knit up a sweater for my younger daughter-to be fair. Managed to finally complete a pair of mittens for me so I don't feel like a total idiot as the knitter who buys store-bought mittens for herself b/c she just doesn't have the time to knit a pair for herself. I had knit one mitten of Bella's mittens (no, I'm not a Twilight fan-just love the pattern) last year sometime and wanted to get the other one done asap so I finished them over the weekend. Tried them out this morning on the way to the bus stop and they are nice and toasty. But-wouldn't you know, in my haste to get them off the needles, I made the right thumb too short and now it bugs me-pulls the whole mitten up some. I'm hoping some nice water and blocking (stretching!) does the trick.

Well, with Valentine's day around the corner, I've been thinking of gifts for my family. Hubby is going to get this:

The girls are going to get the hallmark love bug pouches filled with (hopefully) crocheted flower barrettes and amiguri love birds, along with some stickers, candies, etc. We are going to make some chocolate covered strawberries and red velvet cupcakes too.

My sis and sil are going to get these b/c well, every girl deserves some pretty jewelry on V-day, no?? I made these in a matter of minutes-so quick!! Hoping to get some on etsy real soon!

And my mom and dad will hopefully be getting some homemade macaroons-if, I can make them and get them mailed out to NC in time...we'll see!

Caio for now!

No comments: