Thursday, January 29, 2009

;Snow Day! Knitting, soup and Popovers...

Yep-yesterday in NEPA, we had a snow day! I was so glad for this b/c we just switched my daughter over from public school to a really great private school and our schedule has been turned upside down. She had been going in the afternoons but now I have to wake her up at 6:30 AM to get ready and we are all not used to this yet. It was so nice to hang out in pj's all day.


So, I managed to get caught up on all of the laundry and some cleaning that really needed to be done. I also made this incredibly easy-but-oh-so-good potato and ham soup from our development's newspaper (yes, our development has a community newspaper) and popovers from this new magazine, called Wonder Time-a family mag that I have really enjoyed reading. The soup and popovers were a hit with hubby and me, but the kids only liked the popovers. For some reason, they are just not soup lovers....yet. I just love soup-could eat it anytime...makes for such an easy dinner too....I'll keep trying to convert the girls!! We'll see...



On the knitting front, I've been making these adorable baby boy sneaker booties from one of Ravlery's free patterns. I love these and will be making plenty more for gifts! These little cuties are for a new baby born in the family. Can't wait to send them along with baby baseball tee -again, a free pattern on Ravelry. Can you tell I just can't get enough of Ravelry?? LOVE IT!!!



Oh-just to mention also-did some work for 4 Corners Yarn store in Narrowsburg, NY. Ordered yarn for special orders and planned their upcoming sale for them. I love doing this work-gives me such good experience w/o any real $$$ responsibility of my own. I even get paid in yarn, not $$ so $$ is never exchanged. LOVE this! The sale will run this weekend thru Valentine's Day and will be a "Buy two, get one free" sale on select yarns-the Classic Elite yarns like Dutchess and Inca Alpaca, Inca Marl-all beautiful, would be my score if I was shopping. Dutchess is so gosh darn pretty!! Hope the sale gets a good turnout!

3 comments:

Britt said...

I'm so envious of your snow days. Here in California, we had foggy school days-- days when it was so foggy, it was considered unsafe to drive to school, and none of the buses went out until the fog cleared, or not at all!
Snow days just seem like a little unexpected holiday; always pleasant. Those pop-overs look yummy, and so does the soup! Perfect for a snowy day.

Felicia said...

Glad to see you're back! The new knits are adorable. We eat a lot of soups also. But I know what you mean about the girls. One of my sons is of the "food can't touch" camp. Soup and stew must be torture for him!

yarnygirl said...

Yeah-snow days ROCK!! But Cal. does get some nice sunny weather-I do miss WARM right about now...we're set to get a foot or more on Tuesday! YeeeHEEE!

Felicia-we should trade soup recipes....I need some more new ones...