Monday, February 2, 2009

Sick....AGAIN!

Yep-we are!! This time, I believe it's my fault. I've had a very bad cold since last week (actually started two Friday's ago) and I think, due to the fact that the girls are with me all of the time, they couldn't avoid getting it. So, now they are home with green boogies and yucky coughs and I'm so, no pun intended, sick of us being SICK!! If anyone has any tips on how we can stay healthy, please comment! I'll take any tips I can get at this point!

Today feels rather mild out so I lowered the heat a bit and cracked the windows-yes, it's Feb 2nd, we live in Pa, and I have two windows cracked in my house right now. I'm hoping it airs out the germs...I keep checking the weather for this so-called "big storm" we are supposed to have and so far, all it says is, "snow showers???" So what? We get them almost every day?? What happened to "at least a foot or more???" Ugh....I was bankin' on another snow day for the hubby....oh well...Groundhog did see his shadow so I'm sure we'll have more days to come. Today we are going to make groundhog masks and pretend we see our shadows/we don't, make jello jigglers, use food coloring/water/squirt bottles outside in the snow to draw....hoping this is enough to keep them busy!! Pics to come later!

Onto knitting news....
Tonight is Scranton sit-n-knit. I think I'm going-as of right now, but we'll see how I feel later. I've been getting so tired (i.e GRUMPY) come 5pm that I don't know if they're going to want me there...I'm currently working on Tracy Ulman's Baby Baseball Tee for my husband's cousin's baby boy and I'm loving it so far!! I've made a few modifications, including a rolled hem at the bottom-I think it looks more baseball-shirt like....also am knitting in the round, using EZ's Knitting without Tears book as a guide. I really enjoy seamless knitting!
Also to be put on the needles:
2 beaded bracelets for DD's teachers at her new school (Valentine's Day)
Hat for yarn shop sample using Arauncania Limari....
booties to sell on etsy
booties for DH's coworkers

That's enough for now....more to come maybe later.

No comments: