Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whoa, the wind!!!

Man! It's crazy windy here today in NEPA. Been a crazy few days, actually, most of the week. Got many things done though, including Valentine's Day gifts for daughter's pre-k class and her teachers. Of course, I forgot to take pictures of any of it so just believe me that it was a whole lot of stuff. The kiddos (29 of them!?!) got crayon heart necklaces, stickers, a valentine notepad, and some hershey kisses. We made the crayon heart necklaces by peeling, breaking, melting and then cutting with heart cookie cutters. They came out pretty and here is a pic of the extra ones...

I also knit up 2 beaded bracelets for the teachers-being a former teacher of little ones, I know and have a lot of respect for people who do a good job teaching this age group-it's exhausting. I wanted them to know how much I appreciate all of their hard work and quite frankly, who doesn't like a little jewelry on V-day?? Wish I had taken a pic but it was soooo busy here-it escaped me! Daughter decorated the box for the bracelets with sparkly stickers-she did a really good job too-but again, no pic.
We also made Valentines for Daddy-here is the one younger daughter worked on. She worked so hard!!

On tap for knitting now is the shop sample hat in Arauncania's Limari, which I am still trying to convince Wendy is NOT ugly. Hope the hat works....
Swatches for upcoming finishing class...
booties to finally sell on etsy (hoping to get these done soon)
bunnies for Easter for the girls...
Oh-been meaning to post a pic of this!! I made this little doggie collar from a book that I absolutely love called, "Bend the Rules Sewing" by Amy Karol! This book actually makes me feel like I can sew!! I have had experience sewing garments, handbag liners but am never really happy with the turnout, but this little doggie collar made me happy! Check it out:

This was given to my sis-in-law for her doggie, Samantha.
Also hoping to squeeze in a little needle felting but that may be awhile from now...
Just finished Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee's book, "Things I learned from knitting (whether I wanted to or not)"-LOVED IT!!! So funny so true!! I laughed out loud a lot!! Highly recommend this book for all knitters who are not too snotty to admit when they've just been idiots with their knitting!! This weekend, I hope to crack "Knitting, a novel by Anne Bartlett. I'll be in just the right setting-heading up to Vt!! I'm hoping to sit by the fire and read...knit...play with friends, eat.....sleep.....wake up and do it again!!
Sorry for quick post but I've still got a lot to do before this!! Yes, FINALLY-I am seeing improvments in the girls' health-knock on wood, ya'll!!!

No comments: