Thursday, April 9, 2009

They really do multiply!





Yep-these little bunnies were all over my kitchen a few days ago-my daughter's pre-k treat for her classmates. She loved them and I loved making them!-All 30 of 'em....

As for knitting, I haven't really done any, but with my birthday coming this weekend, you know there will be some spending going on for a sweater...possibly from my new Classic Elite books. We are going to in Denville, NJ on Saturday for a birthday treat! Hubby has been working so hard on my craft station in the basement-I can't believe he's so game for this as well. I will try to behave....a little! :0) Full review to follow next week!

The crocheting is plugging along-I'm on my second "Professional Hat"-this one in red, for my youngest daughter. I added a crocheted flower to Madi's-I think it came out great and thankfully, so does she! She wears it everywhere!


Next on the hook will be Baby Mary Jane Skimmers for a friend who's due any day now. I'm using up some soft acrylic in my stash and I'm very proud. Really wanted to go out and by some eco-cotton for it but I'm trying not to do that. I really want to get going on a huge stash-busting project that I actually started last year around this time, but put it down to get shop samples and other projects done-the "Ripple Afghan"-in crochet~! One of my fellow Ravelers turned me on to this project, I believe her ravelry name is tpoulsen(Tina) and she lives in Denmark. She knits and crochet the most beautiful things and her ripple blanket inspired me. LOVE IT!!

I'm definitely "hooked" to say the least!! I do still get frustrated at the inconsistencies in pattern writing for crochet, but hopefully, with time, I'll get used to it! We'll see....

3 comments:

Kathleen Colligan said...

You are such a creative fun mom!!
Are you taking The crochet class at JillDeal?

I am still working on baby stuff. He is due tomorrow but no signs of anything happening .sonagrams this week says he is 8 and half pounds !
happy easter

yarnygirl said...

Yay-Kathy!! That is wonderful news! I can't wait to hear about the birth!
I am not taking the crochet course-we have a retirement dinner to go to that night so it's just too much to coordinate for me right now...but I'm happily plugging along with crochet on my own for now...:0) Miss you!

Amber said...

The hat turned out soooooo cute!!! I love it! :D

Your bunnies are adorable too. :)

And I can't wait to see photos of the craft station!