Friday, February 19, 2010

Totally OT, but if you're from NEPA, you need to go here!


Ok...so today was pretty mundane-housecleaning, playing Memory game with 4 year old daughter, errands to run and whatnot...but in the back of my mind all day, I've thought about....pizza!!!! Nope, not the regular, italian plain slice, which for most of the time, suits me just fine (Basilico's in Dickson City-hands down, is the winner of the area)-oh no, today, I've been obsessing about Kay's Pizzeria in Lake Ariel-specifically, their hot wing pizza with bleu cheese dressing. Ok-seriously, this pizza is to.die.for.-no really. If you live in the area, you MUST try this pizza-my local friend, who grew up in Lake Ariel, brought it to a friend's house when we were having pizza and since then, I've been trying to recreate the hot wing sauce at home-to no avail. I can't figure it out, but I can tell you that each time I have this pizza, I love it more and more. I've heard of two other dishes that they serve at Kays with the sauce: The buffalo shrimp (OMG!!!) and buffalo wing hoagie-yep, that will be next week's menu choice...for sure....

The sauce is tangy, hot, sweet, and sort of grainy??? I'm originally thought bbq sauce was used in it somehow, but no longer-I'm thinking it's hot sauce, honey, butter, and maybe brown sugar?? It tends to be on the runny side (that's why I thought honey) but it takes all of my willpower not to lick the inside of the cardboard pizza box when we're through....and as I type this, I'm not even slightly embarrassed that I admitted this to cyberspace!?!

If anyone has tried this pizza and would like to weigh in on how you think the sauce is made, please do so...if I crack this recipe, I think I will be using it on everything!!!!

No comments: