Thursday, March 24, 2011

I really need a....


knitting friend. Everywhere I go, be it to teach a knitting lesson, to an LYS, various wool festivals, meetups, whatever, it is a rare occasion that I have a knitting friend MY AGE with me. While I do love my knitting "friends" on ravelry too, I would love to be able to sit and knit with someone my age, who is interested in similar patterns, yarns, etc. I find that most of the women that I meet, while incredibly nice, are just not at the same point in their lives that I am in mine. No one has little kids, no one is knitting/designing garments that are more suited to show off curves, and most of the women I meet are either beginner knitters (learning to knit from me) or are really, really into socks. I mean, how many pairs of socks can you really have?? While I too, love a good sock yarn (socks that rock really do ROCK!!) the idea of making socks day and night bores me to tears.
My friends that I hang out with (on the rare occasion that I do hang out) find my knitting addiction fascinating, if not a bit insane. I don't really know how they survive happily cleaning the house, cooking dinner, taking care of hubby and kids w/o some sort of outlet. None of my friends have hobbies either-so strange....not that this is a hobby-goes way beyond that now, but despite my many attempts to convert my bff's to this great craft, it hasn't happened yet. I so wish I had a friend close by to knit with and go here:
http://www.everythinghomemade.com/lunch_menu.shtml

They host a knitting night on Thursday nights-how fun would it be to hang out and knit there?? And eat/drink some yummy food? This place is great-I've taken my daughter there after her dance class and everything we've had has been so yummy! If only I had a friend...

No comments: