Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tilling the garden and...


Knitting do not mix well! This morning, I saw a bluebird. My favorite bird in the whole world-that cobalt blue tint is like nothing I've ever seen-it stirs something in me everytime I see it. Amazing....anyway, I saw our resident bluebird and thought to myself, as the sun peaked out, "Today would be a good day to till out the garden area." So, with pitch-fork in hand, I went outside and.tried.hard.-no luck...
A phone call to the home and garden store and a massively large piece of rental equipment later, the garden is tilled....I'm exhausted, but so happy. The soil is much better than I thought-not nearly as many rocks as I thought we'd have and it is really nice, drained soil. I brought the tiller back to the store to get my deposit back and asked the gentleman if my deposit came with a bottle of Motrin?? He laughed and asked me to sign a paper and I winced while holding the pen. Holding the pen hurt!! What about knitting needles??!! Aye....

Here's hoping a hot shower helps!!!

No comments: