Saturday, December 6, 2008

Abby Caddaby!


Well, today is my daughter's 3rd birthday. I can't believe it. If I think about it, I can put myself right back to the day we went to the hospital because I was having contractions. It was supposed to snow, I was nervous and truthfully, tired of being pregnant. I wanted her out. I didn't want her to have a birthday so close to Christmas b/c I didn't want her to ever feel "gipped" from getting combined Christmas/birthday gifts. So, off we went. They checked me out and told me that while I did have contractions, I wasn't nearly dilated enough. Unless I progressed soon, I was going to be sent home. So-hubby and I did sprints around the hospital, until I progressed!! Checked in and slept overnight. She was born the following afternoon and was the easiest labor ever. I can clearly remember trading wisecracks with hubby and the doctor in between pushes....


And now she's 3!! She came into our room this morning holding up three little fingers saying, "Mommy, Daddy, I'm thlee, I'm thlee!!" So cute! We had m&M pancakes for breakfast, scooted off the the Highlights Open House in Honesdale for some crafty festivities and refreshments, bought some books, went out to lunch at Patisserie Du Jour on Main St. and then headed home for naps (for everyone!). So far, a wonderful day!!


I just finished her cake-Abby Caddaby! I think she came out well. Hopefully, the "thlee" year old will think so too!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Happy (belated) birthday to your big girl! Hope it was a great evening too :)

Highlights does an open house?! We love Highlights! Do you get the new under four magazine? I keep meaning to order it for Ethan, but I keep forgetting...

yarnygirl said...

Yep-we do!! I wish I had thought to tell you!! They had a book sale that was 50% off...it was a great day!! Next year, you guys will come with us??? Yes!

Kathleen Colligan said...

Happy birthday to your baby! You are so creative ..your kids are lucky to have such a fun mommy!
Love your blog!!!

yarnygirl said...

Thanks Kathy! Your blog was one of the ones that inspired me!!