Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Last minute dash to finish the....

sweater for hubby for Christmas! We've got a snow day today, so I'm hoping to bang out a serious amount of knitting for this darn thing-amongst the other things to do today, like catch up on laundry, play with playdough, polly pockets, wrap teacher gifts, etc....we'll see how it goes. I've got to finish the 2nd sleeve, block it, sew it all up and then put in the dreaded....zipper. Anyone on Ravelry? The pattern I chose (or hubby chose) is the Retrofit cardigan-really nice pattern!! Love it! Well written and the designer, a guy, is very helpful. I've messaged him a few times and even though he and his wife just welcomed home twins (!) he still managed to message me back-both times!!

Onto other news...
Went to Anthology in Scranton on Monday night for sit-n-knit and again, had a blast! Had some yummy treats, good glass of wine and knit through the 1st sleeve with great company. Amber brought more samples of her terrific soap-I am in love with the poppyseed and herb, and the cedar and something (can't remember what else is in it)-they smell unbelievable!! Check her out for sure for those last-minute stocking gifts. She's a local gal so if you're in to buying local, buy from her!!

I brought some mini zucchini quiches and they were a hit, I'm so glad to say! I promised to post the recipe here on the blog, so here it is:

Zucchini Quiche
Ingredients:
3 C. shredded zucchini
1C. bisquick mix (I use the reduced fat one)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. grated cheese (I used a mix of parmiggiano reggiano/pecorino romano/parmesan from Wegmans)
1 TBSP parsely
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. olive oil
4 eggs

Directions:
Mix all ingredients, except for Bisquick-then add Bisquick. Mix well. Grease pan (square, quiche pan, just about anything will do-I used a mini-muffin pan). Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. For bigger pans, this may take up to 55 minutes-my mini muffin pans took around 25 minutes. Can be served hot or cold.

Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I tried to comment yesterday, but my brain is so gone I can't even speak... Trying now: mini quiche! Yay yay yay!!! We ate most of them that night and then John and Ethan finished them for breakfast the next morning. SO GOOD!

Also, glad you like the soapies :D

There will be much more after Christmas.

PS - Who's hungry for Indian buffet?!

PPS - My word verification is "bling". How cool is that?!

yarnygirl said...

That is hysterical!! Bling!
Love the soaps-I'm a huge fan! Hope you have rested up from the craft fair! Glad you like the quiche and yes.....hungry for indian buffet as soon as things slow down here-ya still busy too? I'm trying not to freak out that Christmas is how many days away??

Felicia said...

Yeah for the mini quiche recipe. Would be good to have in the freezer - if we didn't eat them all first.

And don't stress over the sweater - you could always box it with the zipper and sew in later!

yarnygirl said...

Oh Felicia....wait until you read what happened to the sweater....I can't even believe it....I'll bring it to the next sit-n-knit in Scranton for a good laugh!!
Knitting is such a humbling craft..:0)

yarnygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.