Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Countdown...

Well, I did it. Scrounged around my parents' yard for pinecones, sprayed them with some silver paint that we had in the basement and hot-glued to a grapevine wreath....added a bow lying around (also in the basement!) and voila! This year's wreath for the front door!! This beauty cost me less than $5 bucks!! Love it!!



I'm noticing that my style is becoming more and more modern. This doesn't concern me, but I am noticing it. Especially since we moved and I had to decorate a new home, my tastes have definitely changed. I'm liking clean lines and less-complicated things more and more, although I do admit-I love color! The more the merrier. I guess that's good for my knitting!



Speaking of knitting-although I thought I'd try this year to not make myself nuts with knitting presents, I believe that this is yet another year where I'm going to go down to the wire to finish everything....recently added to my previous list of projects:

More beaded bracelets...will I get tired of making these? Probably not, b/c they are so simple and really don't require a lot of time...

a few crocheted washcloths made of this great linen yarn I have had sitting in my stash-will go great with the soaps I recently bought from anothe etsy seller ambersambry.

Her soaps are just wonderful and I'm sure my friend will love them! Need to bang out those washcloths by next weekend...and of course, I'm still working on hubby's sweater-once that is done, I'll feel much better.



Just completed three days of babysitting the cutest kids-one, who is a 6 month old and one who is my daughter's age (5). They were angels during all 3 days, but boy, am I wiped. Today, I'm hoping to hang out and knit, straighten up the house, knit.....put laundry away, knit....and put together my soon-to-be 3 year old's Elmo Restaurant. Yep-I got it for her, as per her request, but thanks to good bargain hunting, I paid about 1/2 the retail price. Here's hoping it's easy to put together...



Tonight it's Santa shopping at the Toysrus in Dickson City! I love this night! Hubby doesn't nearly love it as much as I do and I'm thinking that he won't especially this year b/c both girls have asked for the same things: dollies and dolly beds, bottles, changing tables, etc. I'm going to have a ball!! WhoHOOO! Reliving childhood memories of baby dolls is so fun for me....

Wonder if I'll be able to knit up a few baby doll blankets before 12/25???

No comments: