Friday, March 20, 2009

Can we say addiction??



Yep-it's official!

I'm officially addicted to:

1. Twinkle Chunky yarn
2. The stitch pattern k1, *yo, k2tog,* k1

I will be making plenty more of these beauties-in varying thickness of yarns for gifts, and for me!! I know just the laceweight yarn that is sitting pretty in my stash for the next one!!! Perfect for spring-it will be!!

Anyway-here's why I'm saying that I'm addicted to this yarn-it's soft, plush and lovely AND yours truly, who rarely knits a pattern more than once, already duplicated the scarf (from previous post) for one for my BFF. Banged this one out in a week's worth of school drop-offs and pickups (those 10 minutes of waiting really do add up to good knitting time!). This baby is done and in perfect timing as I am seeing my BFF tomorrow and will give it to her then!! Hope she will love it-as she does love peachy/pink colors!!

My next project is already on the needles.....simple shrugs for the girls for Easter. Also-just arrived, is beautiful fabric bought from www.fabricsupplies.etsy.com-awesome store-great, fresh fabrics, terrific pricing, and super fast shipping!! I'm using this fabric to make two summerlin dresses for the girls. Can't wait!!




Still debating the charity carpet bag-while it would benefit my daughter's school, I'm not sure I've got enough time to do it now and I really don't want to stress myself out with it.....we'll see!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Love, love, LOVE that fabric!!! Can't wait to see those dresses. :)

And congrats on your addiction. Since we have similar tastes in yarn, I now HAVE to get my hands on some of that stuff.

yarnygirl said...

Thanks, Amber and thanks for letting me know about that fabric site on etsy!! What nice people they are!!
You MUST try twinkle yarn-it's pilly, but soooooo soft! Try to find it on sale though-it retails for $18 bucks and is low in yardage (87 yds??)

Meg said...

love the yarn.
love the color.
love it.