Sunday, March 29, 2009

Feelin' Ducky....


THIS is how I've been feeling lately-like I'm upside down with my head in the water about so many things that I've got on tap. Finished one of two shrugs for the girls for Easter and I keep coming up with more projects for them!! Ready to cast on for their Summerlin dresses, and I've got another summer dress pattern for them from a knitting magazine that I borrowed from a friend. However-for some odd reason, I've been occupying my time by experimenting with free-form crochet lately?? I've been working on some easy crochet booties-made the pattern up myself and it's working out great! Only problem is that I don't know what stitch pattern Is at all-basically, I have no idea about crochet but for some reason, I can't put it down!!?? Odd, right?

I'm even using valuable Ravelry time searching more crochet patterns: crochet bunnies, booties, dresses, blankets.....what is up with me?? Seems so strange that I would be doing that when I've got so much on tap to keep myself busy (just check out my queue on Ravelry). I guess I've got Spring fever???

Plans are already in the works to do some spring cleaning of the stash. Hubby is busy building me a "Craft Station" complete with room for stash storing, large table for sewing, blocking and beading and of course, workspace for designing. I'm really excited about this as I hope it will get me more organized and able to use my time more wisely when designing. I've got so much stuff all over the place. It'll be so nice to catch up, organize the stash and know where everything is....

On a family note, we have joined a CSA!!! I'm so excited about this-we are going to be doing some volunteer work this summer on a real farm!! The CSA is going to run for 20 weeks and we purchased a full family share. We will get weekly packages of whatever is harvested (seasonal veggies and flowers) and they are possibly going to sell fresh eggs and milk at pickup. Yay! On the farm, the kids will get to play with the goats, chickens, pick some veggies (tomatoes, peas and green beans) and pet the......ALPACA!! Yep, there are two on the farm that are the farmer's pets and he shears and spins their fiber and HE KNITS! How cool is that??? I've already asked to see if he'll let me watch when he goes to shear them this spring-hopefully, he'll let me! We are so excited!!!!

On a sad note, we spent the whole afternoon there, petting the animals, plucking the eggs from the hens in the chicken house and touring the farm. Wouldn't you know, that night, Madi was already congested and wheezing and the next morning, really stuffed up? Today she is really bad, coughing up a storm and cannot breathe through her nose. Her allergy tests came back with being allergic to dogs, cats and dust, but no trees/grasses so I'm a bit boggled by why the trip to the farm did so much damage to her. Yes, they did have a doggie there that she pet, but she LIVES with a dog?!? I'm just out of my mind frustrated with all of this sickness. We are set to go to CHOP in May to figure all of this out. The poor girlie-she can barely breathe today....

4 comments:

Amber said...

Golly, I don't know where to start! Okay: crochet! So jealous!!! I wish I felt brave enough to try it, but not yet...

Craft station - congrats! I am (still) in the process of creating an actual, functional workspace in my basement and it is not pretty so far. Lol! But anyway, if you decide to destash at all, I call dibs! ;)

CSA is awesome!!! I loved ours so much but now I'm not sure if they're participating this year. :( But I must know where yours is. I would love to visit the farm and pick up some alpaca fiber and stuff.

Allergies - super bummer. I hope you get things figured out soon. :(

But the most important thing is that I notice I am not on your blog list. You wouldn't forget about your newest, super fun yarny friend now would you? ;) (This is a joke by the way -- I don't expect you to add me, just teasing!)

yarnygirl said...

Hi Amber!! Yep-I can't believe you're not on my blog list either as I read yours EVERY TIME you update-so sorry for the oversight!! Now about that destash....:0) Will let you know if I've got anything to get rid of, but I must warn you that I'm VERY attached to my stash!!! Haha!!! We'll see though-ya never know...
My CSA is in Sterling and although the guy lets us pet his alpacas (he's got 2) I'm not sure he's too keen on the whole-giving of fiber thing....he spins and knits with it all-can you believe it?? LOVE THAT!! Unfortunately, I think the shares are all taken for this year-I'll let you know how it goes though and maybe you can get in for next year?? I'm really hoping it's going to be good-it is their first year. Apparently, there is also a CSA somewhere out in Honesdale, but I don't know their name or how far that would be for you....
I miss you, my friend!! 4/6 can't come soon enough!! I'm coming to the sit and knit for sure!! :0)

Kathleen Colligan said...

Crochet sounds like good therapy dealing with your poor sick kids this past winter . I hope the docotrs can help.
Your work station is exciting..he is a keeper!

My son's baby is due soon. I am so excited.
Hope your daughter feels better and they can figure out what is causing all of this. Lucky she has a mom like you!

yarnygirl said...

Hi Kathy!

I miss you! So excited for you and your upcoming grandson!! Hope to see you when we all thaw out and get better!!