Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bartering-I love it!

So, guess what?? Today, I took my daughter to dance class and while she was in class, I decided to pop over to this antique shop next door to check things out. The musty smell was familiar to me as all of the antiques and collectibles shops that I've been in all smell the same. The surprise was the sheer amount of vintage jewelry that was there! Good, fun stuff! One of the necklaces looked like it came right out of an Anthropologie catalog-and for $20 bucks, not bad, eh??? So, I poked around and saw some vintage sewing stuff. I caught the shopkeeper's eye and asked, "Do you happen to have any vintage knitting patterns or knitting stuff?" and she said, "Sometimes..." She looked around for something and then told me that she didn't know where it was but if I gave her my phone #, she'd let the dealers know and they'd call me if they came upon something. Then, she asked me if I was a knitter? Am I a KNITTER??? Of course! I told her I was and then she asked me if I sell my stuff-Of course!! She went on to say that she would pay me for a hand-knit cowl and while she explained to me what she wanted, I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of this necklace-it was from the 1950's-very anthro, very spring-y-totally me. It made me smile, just looking about it and so when she saw me looking at it so much, as we were discussing price, she said, "How 'bout we trade-this set (it comes with clip on earrings-but I'll repurpose for something else) for the cowl??" And I said, "YESSSSSS!!!"-of course...




It looks kinda like this set, but my flowers are pink. We are going to trade on Saturday at noon....and I'm going to rock this necklace when I hit the town Sat. night with hubby and friends!!

No comments: