Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding!! Best Wishes Will and Kate!

Woke up at 5:55 AM this morning and couldn't wait to turn the TV on! Oh my goodness, did Kate look simply stunning or what? Loved every bit of it!!! Soaked up the whole event! I eat this royal stuff up-can't get enough of it. In fact, I'm heading over to my favorite LYS later for a "Royal Sit and Knit"-my daughter and I will be donning fancy hats to celebrate! The LYS owner is hosting the event with an all day sit-n-knit and serving scones and tea all day. She is also giving 15% off to anyone who comes in wearing a fancy hat! Here is what I created for this event:





I knit this in a very stiff yarn-it actually hurt my hands!! Made with rayon and banana fiber that my friend gave me years ago. I knit up a quick flower and then poked in feathers all around it-the more I added, the better it got! I finished it off with a vintage pin from my etsy shop. Perfect!!!

Here is the inspiration for this hat: I purchased this at an antiques shop for $16 in Lafayette, New Jersey. What a steal! The hat is in great condition and I know that somehow, I will work this into a Halloween costume for next year. I do love this hat! The color is terrific!!



Well, here's hoping you all have a rather royal day!! Cheers to William and Katherine!! May they have many years of married bliss!!!

2 comments:

Ria said...

That is a great hat!! Every once in a while I think it would be fun to wear hats like the Brits -- then I realize the stress of having to find hats for outfits would cause!

yarnygirl said...

I hear ya! I wish we could break them out too-but my hubby does not agree-you should have seen the look on his face when I told him I was going out in that hat! LOL!!
Thanks!!